Wallet concept is crowdsourced. Your feedbacks makes Wallet better.

Possibility to create own categories (parent/ sub-categories)

I would again pay for this app if I could create my own categories and sub-categories. It used to had this option, but a few month ago it was changed to fixed categories, and when I summarize my month it's quite exhausting to categorize my expenses in my own categories. Please consider putting this option back. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to delete the fixed categories, rather just put an option into categories menu to be able to create your own categories, without any limitations.

457 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tamás Tövis shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

46 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joe Jaheim commented  · 

I want to be able to write something about the particular transaction, say, food &drinks: lunch with Brian at diners cafe

• Anonymous commented  · 

I need help butting my money on my card

• Whitney Lee commented  · 

or at the very least rename them and let us choose a color. I get why we can't edit them if we are syncing our transactions but if there was an option to approve our transaction before it posted in Wallet or if we are enterting them manually, it would work!

• ouss lee lucas commented  · 

not everyone has the same needs so why dont let us make our categories and rearrange them as we need( the ability to show hide is awsome so make ot for the main categories too)

• Yannis commented  · 

To: tropper789@gmail.com
        You are right, it would be a great challenge...

Therefore the bank sync should be more like a module, meaning an extra package that can be installed by whoever wants it. They should decouple it from the main app, otherwise they will loose thousands of customers.

• tropper789@gmail.com commented  · 

I thk why they decide to lock out cat option to allow them have move control on bank sync auto cat assignment.... however more often than not auto cat assign is incorrect anyway. I have to end up correcting them.

For them to get this right will be huge challenge as they so many countries, language and naming conversion to consider.

• Yannis commented  · 

If the "At the moment there is no plans to change the category structure" is the answer of the support, the "At the moment there is no plan to renew my subscription" is my answer to that.

It's a pity, cause otherwise it's a nice app. Too bad that the developers are stubborn!

• Yannis commented  · 

Me too!
        Almost a year after and the developers have not taken any action...

• dennys commented  · 

I'm done, I quit subscription. Have fun

• Stanislav Pecha commented  · 

Something new about implementing this MUST-HAVE feature?

• Paul Sticea commented  · 

I just canceled my subscription for Wallet, which was due for renewal this month. I tried a few apps and I ended up paying a subscription for CoinKeeper. It doesn't have as many features as Wallet, but I can create and manage my categories.

• Marko Šošić commented  · 

Great app, but without this I must use other one which is not so good but it has this basic feature. You must give the users option - banc sync or custom categories, so they can choose. Moreover, I think most of them would choose custom categories.

• Hugo Leonardo commented  · 

The excuse to not allow us to create our own categories or rename the main ones is because of the bank synchronization, but it DOESN'T WORK.

• Jakub B commented  · 

Bank synchronization is a bonus feature and not everybody needs it, but possibility to manage expense categories is fundamental one.

• krispamarthy@gmail.com commented  · 

No excuse can justify this fixed categories list. Atleast we should be able to edit sub categories to our lifestyle. I have a number of instances where I feel the fixed list does not capture my need. For example in supporting my sister in education, but in financial expenses I can only log it under child support or others... I already have Child whose expenses go under this category... This is just screwing my budget and making me spend more time... Just because your developers didn't think through this!!

• Brittany Henson commented  · 

sorry! not sure what to say. I want more than anything to eventually own and operate a small private business. I Java lived in the same little small town in Missouri since 2nd grade. In my 40+ years I have watched and been part of a vicious cycle of abuse, drugs, addiction and negligence. So many of our young mothers end up with no jobs, no money for rent, and top it off having to deal with abusive husbands. I am a survivor of domestic violence and I have a super inner strength to help others overcome such a hateful,horrible feeling of loss, not only of who we are as human beings, but the emotional tear down of our spirits. I have been on the receiving end of all the above and have also thanking God right now, lived through the horrible demon of drug addiction. Life lessons have taught me and brought me through. It takes time to heal a broken heart but it takes even more time to heal a broken spirit. I have always found it therapeutic to camp, hunt, fish and ride horses. I want nothing more than to help domestic violence SURVIVORS rebuild their inner beauty, strength and help them overcome such exhausting trials in their life. The safest place I could of ever, and even to present have been was "Back at Mommas"
        I do not have any money or a big fancy anything, keeping it real. But I have a heart

← Previous 1 3

General: NEW FEATURE

Feedback and Knowledge Base