Wallet concept is crowdsourced. Your feedbacks makes Wallet better.

Possibility to create own categories (parent/ sub-categories)

I would again pay for this app if I could create my own categories and sub-categories. It used to had this option, but a few month ago it was changed to fixed categories, and when I summarize my month it's quite exhausting to categorize my expenses in my own categories. Please consider putting this option back. It doesn't necessarily mean that you have to delete the fixed categories, rather just put an option into categories menu to be able to create your own categories, without any limitations.

1,080 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tamás Tövis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

95 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Duno Cejement commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please implemented this feature. Only things that is missing for it to be the best budget/expense tracking app. I tried all the budget/expenses apps out there and Wallet is indeed win in most of the features. With that said, the only thing that was disappointing was the fixed parent categories. I am waiting for this feature to be implemented so I can get a Premium account.

• Alessandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,
    you had received a lot of suggestions to implement this settings. You did a great job, beatiful app, but please set the option to edit/creat own categories. We don't ask to remove the existing ones, but to edit, add own categories.

Thank you to take care of our suggestions

• Joel Donfak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE implement this feature! 🙏
    It is very annoying not to be able to customize categories, for most of the existing ones are useless to me.

Looking forward to hear about this one.

Courage!

• Maria Torrealba commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. I would like to be able to create parent and subcategories, I will pay if the app wouldh have this feature

• Héctor Arredondo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just purchased Premium, I really would like to create my owns categories. Hope you can add this feature soon. Also Add the same functionality and options between apps Android, iOS and WEB. There are options not available between platforms. Please consider to unify all functions.I really like the app but it needs improove this.
    Best Regards from México!!

• Ramsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. I would love to be able to create parent and subcategories in the app.

• Joaquín Pérez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the only reason I'm not upgrading to Premium. I need to add my savings account and for that I need to upgrade to Premium since I already have 3 accounts, but until this feature is added I'm not upgrading!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with this !!! it's a pitty that such a great app does not include categories customization which is a basic feature in other apps.
    Adding this feature would definetly make it the best app for expenses/budget tracking in my opinion.

• Kenny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I would pay for the app, if something basic like this would be included. I want to make my own categories and sub categories in my own way.

I am desperately looking for this feature. There are many records which do not fit in available categories options.

• Juerg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree! Categories and Subcatergories need to be fully customizable!!

• Petr Michalík commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also make it possible to create custom rules for each sub/category according to which will be each transaction automaticaly categorized. Your automat is not good at all.

• Mel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed.

I find it really odd that essential medical expenses are included in the same category as a trip to the movies. It makes the data for that category kind of irrelevant, it covers far too many things.

Personally I would have health care as it's own main category. I would like to be able to set up the categories in a way that makes sense to me.

Also in statistic . can select the Category you like for statistic...but not possible select the Subcategory i like and create a statistic for this subcat, Can make this feature ?

← Previous 1 3 4 5

General: NEW FEATURE

Feedback and Knowledge Base