Divide an expense to next months for budget purposes
You can not divide (split) a single expense across to next months. This is only for budget control e.g if you pay the annual car insurance you can split this one payment to the next 12 months. The complete payment will appear on the present month but because this expense is an annual one, you can divided 1-12 months (this must be adjustable). This will not create extra records but it will be used only for budget purposes
Kamil Wójcik commented
I can not agree. The rule is simple:
one expense = one record.
What you are describing is having mulitple records for 1 expense.
So I understand your idea, but I believe you look at it incorrectly.
If you pay insurance once a year than there should be just one record.
I recommend you to:
- create a saved planned payment (expense) which occurs once a year,
- create a sub-account (or savng account) in your bank and call it "car insurance",
- set a defined transfer from your daily account to that new sub-account (should occure once a month and should be 1/12 of your car insurance price),
- create a saved planned transfer for transaction described above,
- optionally - instead of multiple records use goals (create a goal "car insurance" and increase it monthy by 1/12 of insurance price).
- create a monthly budget "insurances" and...
- create a yearly budget "insurances".
Each 1st day of every month I open Wallet, go to budgets and verify my planned and expected expenses. (Keep in mind that it is possible to change budget for all months, the one (selected) or the one which we select and all future months (weeks, years).