General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Budgets should have setting to roll over savings/overspending to next month and to be different for each month at user discression

If I overspend in January I would like a seeing to roll that negative balance to the February budget to keep me on track for the year. Same if I want to roll a positive balance forward for a particular budget. Can be chosen each month or so in the budget definition page.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  IMPROVEMENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support for Digital, Mobile-Only Banks like Monzo, Revolut, Starling Bank, etc...

The digital only banks are quickly taking over. From April 2017 their UK banking licence restrictions were lifted so technicallty they are banks. I am personally leaving Barclays for example for Monzo, because they offer better international rates and the instant money sending is a great plus. Would love to merge my digital-only bank accounts with the Wallet app... I am using these accounts more and more and since Wallet is not syncing up with these banks I am using the app less and less... I mean lets face it, Im not gonna manually add every single small transaction to…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  NEW FEATURE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Tips and Tricks to reduce spending

There is a nice community here using this app. Maybe we can use our collective know-how to be able to support each other in reducing our spending (or investing as well).

For example, I have some tips to reduce a lot in my country fees on banks and financial institutions. I do not know much about babies costs and someone else could post some tips about this. And each tip can be voted by others, so community would filter the good and bad tips. We can see the tips from others filtered by our personal information, like location, interests, spending…

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  NEW FEATURE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cannot add subcategories in custom category on web version

Hi guys,

It seems that in web version you cannot add subcategories to the custom category.

Moreover, in the app I cannot add level 1 subcategories, only level 2. Level 1 is a subcategory (Office) I added in the past and I cannot remove now.

In fact the custom subcategory on the app (Office) doesn't show up in the web version.

Let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Chris

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  BUG  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Have a calendar view in order to better see planned payments

It’ll be much more convenient compared to the current list view because we could see at a higher level of our planned payments, whether it might be for a month or any other given period

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Outlook : Planned payments with "Income" (sub)category shows both in planned payments and expected income

When looking in the Outlook section of the statistics, if there is planned payments with the category (or subcategory) "Income", then these planned payments will show in the balance forecast both as Planned payments and as Expected Income.

This effectively make the outlook's "Balance forecast" graphic useless, as it effectively double what I'll actually have in the given period.

The bug is that planned payments with the income category its subcategories should not show in the planned payments "bar" in the Balance Forecast graphic, and therefore the total shown in the number calculated.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. exclude transfers from statistics

Please add the function "exclude entry from statistics" back!
    I have sometimes many short range loans or additional small income (I don't care) over my bank account. I would like to exclude them from the stats, because it falsifies balance (in case of loans - huge spending one month and huge income next month). The function was available a couple of months ago and it helped a lot to get real view on financial performance.
    Please get it back!

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  IMPROVEMENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Rules to also have Amount criteria

Please add Amount criteria (either a single value or a range) to Automatic Rules. Every month I purchase a money order for rent, sometimes at the post office, sometimes at a bank, or if both are closed, the supermarket. In all cases, the amount is almost exactly the same.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Budget Sum

I find that something is really missing for my daily use with Wallet: an option to see the sum of the entire budget. So people can know if they reached the income sum, or any sum for that matter. I used Excel in order to calculate my budget, and than inserted categories accordingly.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  IMPROVEMENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Include future planned payments in balance

I have just started using Wallet after coming from Microsoft Money.
    The only thing I am missing so far is the ability to see what my account balance will be on any given date in the future (for example what is my account balance the day before I get paid).
    I have tried setting the dates in the reports to this end date but it doesn't take in to account any planned payments (most of which are set to automatic) and just gives my balance as of now

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Google Face unlock API addition

Please add the API to work with Google Pixel 4 Face unlock. Keying the PIN everytime affects the work flow of this app. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Medical fees shouldn't be in "spare time" 's folder

Medical fees shouldn't be in "spare time" 's folder

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DESIGN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. control statistics between dates

Good night
    The application has many useful options. I do not qualify 5 because something very important is missing, I have budgets, income and expenses per fortnight: from 1 to 15 from 16 to 31, and it does not allow me to control that range, or it should allow me to select between which dates I want to see the information

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Adding incomes

It should add incomes to the balance as it was earlier. Recently the default at incomes is minus instead of plus. I always have to set to add my income instead of extract which is very annoying.
    Thank you.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Web version doesn't change colors and icons of the categories according to Mobile version

Using both the iOS app and WebApp I found out that the Web version doesn't change colors and icons of the categories accordingly to the mobile app.

I know that it is not a big issue, but since I changed colors and icons to some of my categories, it's a bit annoying to have different colors and icons on the web app.

Please solve this problem as soon as possible.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  WEB  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  DESIGN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. There should be a box on the Home Page showing your total cash assets - other Money Apps show this

The list of Payment Types is not adequate for the UK. It need Standing Order, Direct Debit, BACS, etc

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Better Development Progress Update

The amount of suggestion and ideas generated from this "forum" is massive. Sadly the presence of the developer here is minimal to non-existent.

I think it's time to develop a somewhat better development tracker so that we the users have information regarding which feature is being worked on. Thus, involving us more in the development process.

See Minecraft's Bug Tracker for a clearer idea (https://bugs.mojang.com/projects/MC/issues). This will surely benefit the developer (knowing which feature should be worked on first and getting real-time feedback from the users) and most importantly, us, the users.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make app for macOS

New version macOS Catalina support easy convert iPad app to macOS.

https://developer.apple.com/mac-catalyst/

It would be good have budgetbakers as desktop APP.

THX.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories