General

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. adding multiple accounts of one bank

Hi Budgetbakers team,

I just started using the app and at the moment I am only able to add one account of my bank. I do not see the option of choosing the others that I have at this bank such as "mortgage" / "savings" and "creditcard". The bank is ING in the Netherlands.

Is there a way to add those accounts that I am not seeing?

Best,
    Philip

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  HOW IT WORKS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Reimbursement

Hi, I was wondering if there was a function "reimbursement".
    Example:
    I pay the dinner for everyone at the table then my friends give me the money back.
    I want to mark the money from my friend as "Reimbusrsement" so that
    the money back wont be count as "Income" and only my part will be counted as spent, is it possible?
    This way the statistics will not be affected by the money from/to my friends.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  NEW FEATURE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Changing Record Type Changes Category to Unknown

Changing the Record type from Expenses to Income or vise versa would change the category type to Unknown, this wasn't a problem in a previous version (i don't remember what version).
    this problem is really annoying as I may place a new record as income by mistake and when I change it to expense (or the other way around) I'd have to change category too.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  BUG  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Assets, data export, PC version repair

618/5000
    I've been testing the app for a while and it's currently average. It is still a long way from true financial usability.
    A few observations for improvement:
    1) Fix the PC version (browser). Why on earth is it different from a regular application and does not have the same functions ??

2) Add the ability to track your assets / liabilities. This is an indispensable feature for people dealing with their finances.

3) Data export would like to improve. Add at least basic graphs or the option to choose what to export.

It would also be good to edit…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  IMPROVEMENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Pie chart doesn't work

Hello! Pie char doesn't work, I get az empty page only, and there is nowhere to go from that page. It happens when I switch to "Categories" in "group by". I tried with Chrome and Mozilla. Could you help meg what I should do to avoid this issue? Thanks Zoltan.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. The bank sync has missing transactions

I have transactions in my bank account that are not showing in the wallet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Monthly Budget may differ

Well from my perspective categorized monthly budget amount may differ (marginally) every month. What I meant is when i changed the budget amount for existing month it was observed that the last month budget too got updated, which seems to be a design issue.

155 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  DESIGN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. First sync of banks without downloading 90 days.

HelpDesk is already so annoying to me that I decided to write here. As budgerbakers now works with saltedge, I wanted to take advantage of the new auto-debit technology from my bank. Unfortunately, disabling the current synchronization and connecting a new one involves downloading the last 90 days again.
    Helpdesk offered me to delete my old account and records to connect to the new account. Yes, helpDesk offered to remove 2 years of work and fixes.

What do you say?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 decimal places is required for KWD currency.

Hello, I use KWD (Kuwait Dinars) as my default currency. Every Kuwait dinars is officially 1000 fils, that means we use 3 decimal places. for example, we have 5 fils coins (0.005 KWD), and a price of 4.995 KWD is a very common pattern in Kuwait. however, your website (I didn't try the app, I use the website all the time), doesn't allow three decimal places, for example, yesterday I purchased something online for $9.99, and exactly 3.186 KWD was deducted from my debit card. I can't put that in wallet app, it only allows entering 3.18, and not 3.186. …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Goals feature for ios

Hi

Thanks for implementing a Budget feature for IOS and kudos to the UI team too. because when comparing to Android, IOS is better and cleaner. :)

but ios is lacking lots of features that are in Android. so when do you guys release Goals feature for ios?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I'm very satisfied with wallet apps except that part of Transfers.

I manage 21 accounts. Four of them are manual accounts (for cash in various currencies) and one is Clearing Account, the others are syncronized Bank accounts from four banks.
    Everything works fine for the automatic income or expense transactions.
    The issue is that Transfers are poorly recognised in automatic. More than 1/4 of trasactions in period are actualy Transfers between the accounts I own but the engine to recognise the transfers is very poor (it seems inexistent). There are so many pairs of income/unknown transactions i have to manualy reconcile!!! Most of them I have to pass trough Clearing Account…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I'm very satisfied with wallet apps except that part of Transfers.

I manage 21 accounts. Four of them are manual accounts (for cash in various currencies) and one is Clearing Account, the others are syncronized Bank accounts from four banks.
    Everything works fine for the automatic income or expense transactions.
    The issue is that Transfers are poorly recognised in automatic. More than 1/4 of trasactions in period are actualy Transfers between the accounts I own but the engine to recognise the transfers is very poor (it seems inexistent). There are so many pairs of income/unknown transactions i have to manualy reconcile!!! Most of them I have to pass trough Clearing Account…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Unable to edit a record when it's not cleared by my bank

When I try to edit a record it says "the record can be edited once it's cleared by your bank". Taking into account the fact that a transaction is completed usually day after or something like that, this limitation makes auto-sync not very useful(I don't want to return to the app few days later to review my transactions, I want to categorize them ASAP, preferably right after I purchased something)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. trigger synchronization with a bank on each start

It's cool to not have to fill everything manually, but the app doesn't recognize categories(or the bank doesn't provide them), so I want to fill them myself and to do that I need synchronization to happen when I open the app. I don't want to wait forever when I'll forget what I purchased.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Monthly Average

Please add monthly average in Reports. I Requested it before but I didn’t get any response. Monthly average will be very helpful for people like me whom not making same money every month. It’s good to have an estimated monthly average income & expense. I attached screenshot for better understanding
    Please add it asap

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  IMPROVEMENT  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. mBank v2.0 missing Payee

The old version mBank synced payee to the note field. it's not ideal, but it can be used. In the new version of mBank sync is payee completely missing. mBank V2.0 version is completely useless for me. Differences in synchronization of one record are in screenshots

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  BUG  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mark as transfer between two linked bank accounts

The app is pretty good at telling me how much money I have but when I look at my expenses analytics it is pretty crazy, just because it does not let me change a transaction to transfer when I transfer money from my checking account to my savings or my credit card. This is kind of annoying since it is pretty hard to get accurate expense analytics.

I think it would be cool if we could change it to transfer. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Budgets should be shown on the WebApp too

Budgeting features are missing on the WebApp. I can create and manage my budgets on the Android App. It will be great if I can see it on WebApp too.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  WEB  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. An app with a good interface and easy to use, but it does not allow adding categories and subcategories of expenses.

An app with a good interface and easy to use but does not allow adding categories and subcategories of expenses, should include the option to add categories.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  NEW FEATURE  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Refunds are not income!!!

Dear Team,

Expense reports are completely useless due to the categorization of refunds as income!

Isn’t expense reporting the main value proposition of the app? I see popular ideas like adding a dark theme on this page. This is great but please(!) get the basics right first.

Picking up a $200 bill for a dinner then getting $100 back from a mate is not $200 in dinner expenses. It’s $100! Ordering clothes for $400 online then making a return for $250 doesn’t mean that I spent $400 on clothes. I spent $150! Shall I continue? Splitting the grocery shopping bill…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base